Full property description
Explorers is a wonderful, eclectic mixture of African adventure collectables, comfortable furniture and beautiful pictures - all gathered by the owner during his years of travelling. Combine this with a beautiful location in the heart of Franschhoek and a leafy garden,and you have the perfect base to enjoy an unwinding or adventurous holiday whilst enjoying the beautiful Cape Winelands.You are just minutes walk from the restaurants in the village.
The vast and airy open plan living, dining and kitchen area invites you to linger over the views onto the mountains and is the perfect place to relax and absorb the atmosphere. When you walk in the door you just want to jump on the sofa and stay for days! Indoor to outdoor living is seamless and perfect for those long summer days, and this is enhanced by an indoor barbecue situated next to the kitchen.
The Master bedroom leads through double doors onto a private wooden pole-covered verandah and the garden.The second bedroom and third bedrooms are on this level, whilst the fourth bedroom is up some narrow stairs, in the eaves of the old cottage, where the 2 skylights above the beds enable you to lie in bed and watch the sky at night.
The house adjoining Explorers Club, The Library, is also part of the Explorers Club portfolio and sleeps up to six adults.
Explorers can sleep up to 6 adults and 4 children.
• 2 level house
• Mountain views
• Approx 2 minutes walk to village centre
• Telephone & wireless internet
• 24 hour monitored alarm
• Cleaning on request (R120 per day)
• Child safety issues - none pool net
Living and Dining
• Main living room is open plan with kitchen & dining leading onto front terrace
• Flatscreen TV, Satellite, DVD, stereo & Movie selection
• Dining area for 10 guests
• Fully equipped kitchen with centre hob , three ovens & two additional hobs, one gas & one electric
• Separate laundry room with washing machine, tumble dryer & dishwasher
• Guest loo
• Wood fireplace
• Air conditioning
• Underfloor heating
• Front terrace (partially covered)
• 10m by 4m pool with pool net
• Outdoor dining for 12 (covered)
• Indoor BBQ
• Undercover parking / garage with remote access
Master Bedroom (Ground level)
• King bed & en-suite with freestanding bath, double vanity, shower ( no shower door)
• Dressing Room
• Leads onto front terrace
• Wood fireplace & underfloor heating
Second Bedroom (Ground level)
• Queen bed & en-suite shower & loo
Third Bedroom (Ground level)
• Bunk beds x 3 & en-suite with bath, toilet & hand- shower
Fourth Bedroom (Upper level)
• Twin bed (can be converted into a king) & en-suite with bath & handshower
• 2 skylights
Franschhoek is a pretty and historic village at the heart of the Cape Winelands just an hour and a half's drive from Cape Town. It is rightly known as one of South Africa’s culinary hot-spots, with numerous regular winners of top SA restaurants awards lining its one main street or perched on the lofty mountain slopes of this narrow valley with majestic views all around.
Chic cafes and bistros make for popular lunch spots and there are ample shopping opportunities to enjoy as well when not visiting the many excellent Franschhoek wine estates, old and new that offer superb wine tasting experiences, as well as also often catering to visitors for lunch and dinner.
- Parking - garage
- Washing machine
- Bed linen provided
- Cable/Satellite TV
- Coffee maker
- Water kettle
- Kitchen utensils provided
- Private Garden
- Pool - private
- Towels provided
- Hair dryer
- Separate WC
- Mountain view
- Health/beauty spa
- Mountain biking
- Horseback riding